On the evening of Wednesday April 14th Lightspace will host the Mute Canary Project, an improvised Jazz ensemble.Â The group will explore the music of Billy Strayhorn, Duke Ellington, Miles Davis (late) and Steve Lacy and will also be joined by several local and interstate guests. Percussionist Rebecca Lloyd-Jones will perform Iannis Xenakis’ landmark solo percussion composition ‘Rebonds A + B’.
Entrance is $5, byo drinks.Â There will also be movie ticket giveaways on the night so it’s well worth the price of admission!
We’re currently sourcing stalls for Lightspace’s first vintage market, pencilled in for mid-year.Â It’ll beÂ a great day with DJs, a beer garden on the terrace and of course some beautiful vintage pieces on offer.Â If you know anyone withÂ amazing, highÂ quality vintage fashion or furniture who may be interested in a stall send us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org/blog
It’s tough sharing your office with one of the world’s most beautiful women, but somehow everyone pulled through. Â Lightspace was lucky enough to be chosen as the backdrop for Natalie Imbruglia’s next music video. Â Enjoy…
We are very pleased to announce Emma Sheldrake will be taking up residence in the studios.Â She is well known in Brisbane circles for her stunning pop art inspired figurative art.Â Check out www.emmasheldrake.com
I thought I betterÂ list the tenants in the studios thatÂ areÂ happily working away at Lightspace.Â Â This in order of arrival…
– Princess Polly- all things fashionable and fabulous- www.princesspolly.com.au
– Haworth Australia- designer office furniture and workstations- www.haworth.com
– Roger D’Souza- architectural photographer to the stars- www.rdphotography.com.au
– Jesselle PR- call these girls if your label needs exposure- www.jessellemanagement.com
– Cloud 9 Hair- Launching the best in hair straighteners soon- www.cloudninehair.com
– Shaun Lockyer Architects- www.lockyerarchitects.com.au
– Tim Stewart Architects- www.timstewartarchitect.com.au
More to come soon!